The Key Role of Massage Therapy in Autoimmune Diseases
In the United States, an estimated 50 million individuals are suffering from some form of auto immune disease. One cannot forget “Selene Gomez” the Country Pop sensation breaking down on national television because of her Lupus, an auto-immune disease.
What is an Auto-Immune Disease?
An auto immune disease is such a situation in which the “White-Blood-Cells” or the natural immunity or force or protectors start to attack healthy tissues and cells. A few common auto immune diseases are
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Restless Leg Syndrome
How Auto immune Diseases are Classified?
Auto immune diseases are classified based on the damage they do to the human body.
- Organ Specific: It is a form of auto immune disease in which the WBC or Body’s Immune System will attack a specific organ or tissue. Diabetes Mellitus or Vitiligo are a few example to explain this type of auto immune disease.
- System Specific: The second one is system specific. In the system specific, the antibodies will attack the nerve cells or systematic lupus, which attacks various body systems at regular intervals.
How Massage Therapy Can Help Alleviate the Problem?
At the time of massage, for those struggling with autoimmune disease, the massage therapist will go for a good co-ordination between waxing and the waning effect. Generally, in the massage sessions, the therapist stresses harder to activate the lymphatic system; thereby, activating the WBC or auto-immunity. But, it is here where the equation of waxing and waning works. During the massage process, the therapist cannot go for circulation motion as once he does that, it will activate the lymphatic system, creating more problems then solving it. So, what is the way out.
- Abdominal Massage – In such situation, start with abdominal massage. Abdominal massage can greatly increase the health of the organs. The Chinese method of doing abdominal massage is termed Chi Nei Tsang. It is a very powerful method to help alleviate the auto immune disease.
- Stretching Massage – For much better impact, the massage therapists can go for the stretching massage. In the stretching massage, the myofascial benefits will occur for the person seeking the male to male body massage.
- Myofascial Release – It is a specific massage form that most massage therapists use while giving massage to those suffering from auto immune disease.
- Thai and Shiatsu – In the Thai and Shiatsu massage, very minimal or modular stretching and strokes are practiced for giving the complete relaxation to the individual.
What is the Role of Massage Therapy In Such Individuals?
Massage therapy creates the right balance between the body and mind. As a result, the endurance level of the individual can be redefined. In most of the experiments, it was proved that a comprehensive full body massage using specific technique had positive impacts in controlling the auto immune diseases.